Tuesday, July 6, 2010

Version 0.0.0.2 is up!

**************
Version 0.0.0.2
**************

After nearly three weeks of work on pathfinding, version 0.0.0.2 is up. It really shouldn't have taken that long, I was moving onto a project that is now a core system within the game, when I should have just thrown something quick up and work on other things. But no matter. It's done now, and now I can focus on the quicker-to-implement things. In fact, I went ahead and threw in a little bit of code already in 0.0.0.2. If a creature doesn't see the player, it'll path to where it last saw the player. If still nothing, it will go back to wandering around. It sounds simple, it wasn't that hard to put in. But it greatly enhances the overall effect and realism.

That's the kind of things I'm going to be working on for 0.0.0.3. Quick, easy to implement things, as well as some general code improvement. After all, Move Creature is still the Level object's job, when it should be the job of the creature itself. Another rough edge is that creatures are stored in an array, when they should really be a list. Switching from an array to a list should speed things up, as well as allow a limitless number of creatures. I think I can put in creature spawning for 0.0.0.3.

I hope to have 0.0.0.3 ready within the next few days, and again, the project can be found at code.google.com/p/adventurerroguelike.

No comments:

Post a Comment