Tuesday, December 7, 2010

0.0.2.0 Graveyard Files




I'm almost back on track with this update. I'm a day late, so sue me. Actually, don't sue me, I haven't even made five dollars yet. This was never meant to be a major update, so don't expect a ton of new features.

What I did do, first off, is fixed some of the bugs from the last update. Yeah, that was a major update. You had items multiplying on reload, and sometimes when a level would try to save, it would hit a null item, give up, and cry. No more, I fixed that. As far as what I added instead of just fixed, two things. The first is graveyard files. Whenever you die, a file is buried in the graveyard preserving some stats on your run. Also I fixed potions to where shattering against a foe causes their effect. This opens up the options for things like poison and acid later.

I also sped up pathfinding considerably by having it return a path in a stack of moves, instead of a single move that has to be calculated each time. What this means is that the processing can be used elsewhere. Specifically, what I'm going to work on next week, temperature and its effects.

Yes, next week will have temperature and ways to affect it, as well as things it affects. Set things on fire, freeze water, etcetera.

8 comments:

  1. Looking good.. I have to try this out. Youre added to my watch list :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. thanks for this update :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Woo, comments. There had been a comment drought going for three weeks. Thanks for letting me know that what I'm doing isn't just falling through the void of the internet.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Me and my brother have had you on our watch list for month or two too ;) It's great you're updating often. Keeps things intresting for crowd while we're waiting to see what your game will be like. I've liked what I've seen this far.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Is there something in game that is actually edible? I just tried eating rat corpse on my wolf character. Ended up getting damaged so badly by "food" that all my body parts except two head and two bodies fell off one at a time (I think you must be already aware there are double body parts in status menu).
    But my wolf was so tough he went on with only heads and bodies left. Even managed to kick door hard enough to destroy it with no legs at all. Got killed by goblin in second room tho.
    Had fun :)

    ReplyDelete
  6. ...and btw - when door is kicked down you can't see what's behind it. If it's opened you can.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Since the dev of this project goes well, it can't be lost in the void.

    ReplyDelete
  8. After I started up the forums, I got a user who tested a bunch of things. In 0.0.2.3, both the door thing and the edibility issues are resolved.

    ReplyDelete