Wednesday, September 1, 2010

End of Month 2 - August

It's the end of the second month of working on Adventurer, and I think it's going well. It is fast approaching what can be called a game, and it will only get better from there. In the past month... heck, I don't know what all I've done. Armor, weapons, a simple item crafting system, a system that should track crash bugs, a lot. I know all of what I've done so far is probably buggy. I know because that's what I'm fixing right now.

Next update is going to be mainly about smoothing out the mechanics that are already in, as opposed to making yet more new ones. Melee attacks should always target the appropriate foe from now on. Creatures will take advantage of the new items. The size of the Creature files is smaller relatively. More bugs as I spot them will be fixed. As well, I'm also putting in some mechanics that will give a sense of progression. Different and tougher creatures as you go deeper. Maybe I'll get that statistics system going, so that your character can grow in power over the course of your journey. Again, no promises. Next update is mainly a bugfix, stability thing, where I round out the implementation of the systems that are already there.

As for this month's statistics: 195 views of the blog. 2 ad clicks. $0.16 in the ad revenue. 5 downloads of 0.0.0.9, and a grand total of 38 downloads. 21 of which were in August. So it's a slight growth in downloads, and that's a good feeling. I just hope it does catch on. It feels weird being in this limbo where I've done so much, but it hasn't caught on yet. Maybe I need more ways to get it seen. Maybe I just need to wait.

And in any case, I'll keep working on it. I've learned so much already, and it's pretty satisfying.

No comments:

Post a Comment