Thursday, October 7, 2010

0.0.1.2 - Range Examination and Throwing

I've finally managed to get an update ready. What with the short vacation last week missing an update and all the work this week on getting ready to move another house in, it's been hard to find a time to work on it when I'm not totally tired and zoned out. But, I did, so no worries. We should be back on track now, with another update coming on the 14th-ish.

So let me explain what I did for 0.0.1.2. First, I made it to where all items can be used as weapons. Non-weapon weapons are gonna suck, but what the heck, no reason to prevent you from wielding a cork. Second, I attempted MonoDevelop so the non-Windows people could use Adventurer. For some reason it crashed on me. I'll have to look into fixing that. I also put a lot of work into the "WaitForPosition()" method. Basically, it allows the user to use a cursor to select a tile. A lot can be done with that position. Including what I've done now, which is the ability to look at things at a distance, and the ability to throw items.

And crud, I just remembered that I didn't remember to update the menus with the info that those things are available. It's e[x]amine (Main Game) and [f]ire (Inventory Menu), for those reading the blog that haven't figured it out themselves yet. Anyway, it seemed to work pretty well when I was testing it.

So next week's thing is to figure out why the heck the rats are still hardcore on me (lost several body parts to the first rat I met). I thought I nerfed them, the data says I nerfed them. It's like they have the combat data of a goblin. I need to check that to see where it's going wrong, if it is. Or if I'm just very unlucky. And more general improvements I'll work on as they come to me. Again, I'm probably going to be busy with work packing, but I'll see what I can do.

2 comments:

  1. Awesome! Now I can get chewn-up fighting goblins with my leather bracers. <3 Can't wait for your next update!

    ReplyDelete