Monday, October 25, 2010

0.0.1.4 - Traps and Ludicrous Gibs

Good news everyone! I got around to updating. I didn't realize how fast the days were going by. But what's going on in this update is mostly that I added traps. Namely tripwires. If you or a monster walks on one unaware, you trip and are stunned for a couple turns. Related to that, you can build a trap by [u]sing the proper items. And also, you can dismantle a trap by [k]ick/dismantling it. De-limbed monsters drop said body part as an item on the ground, and dead monsters leave behind corpses. Also, I added a couple more items like flails.

I also had a lot of "almost-happened"s. I was going to make it to where pathfinding accounts for the attributes of a monster and its capability of working on the environment. Mostly, being able to path through closed doors if they can open them. Well, they increased the processing required for pathfinding to the point that it got laggy. So while it totally worked, I had to undo it until I can get that working more efficiently. Also, I started to improve the pathfinding so that instead of checking every single step, it checks once and all steps go into a monster's memory as a queue. That I can totally do. I was just burnt out in the brain on pathfinding after the doors fiasco, and I had more important things to work on. Maybe next update.

And now... my plans for next update. I don't care how much work it takes, but I am going to work on the things that will make Adventurer different from other roguelikes. I am going to work on the overworld - at the very least a town. Let's get out of that dreary dungeon.

No comments:

Post a Comment